Exciting hands-on Company Bookkeeper opportunity - to join our fast growing interior design and architecture studio based in central Cambridge. Candidates must live locally or be able to be here at least 2 days per week. This is an excellent opportunity with this established small business, which is a leader in its field, and poised for growth. With the recent foray into e commerce, this is an exciting role to help us prepare for the future as we move from consultancy into the online sector.
The key purpose of this Bookkeeper role is to help manage the finance function for the business including contributing to strategic discussions using cashflows, budgets and forecasts to performing routine bookkeeping and accounting tasks in order to produce timely management accounts and other financial information to the director and management team.
You will be working on your own and alongside our company accountant, undertaking a diverse role, which will incorporate all bookkeeping and accounting tasks, office administration, supervising project processing, creating and implementing effective procedures and possible HR administration. You will be responsible that all payable and receivables processes are effective and properly reconciled; bank reconciliations and cashflows are up to date and accurate, VAT returns are done, and timely delivery of payroll information to the payroll agent and year end paperwork to the external accountant.
However, the most challenging and exciting aspect of the role will be to help monitor and analyse the gross profit and costings of a portfolio of live projects. This will require a high knowledge and experience of income recognition principles and dealing with accrued and deferred income and costs accurately.
Experienced, qualified or part-qualified Bookkeeper or professional accountant with strong bookkeeping and excellent accounting knowledge..
- Extensive experience with Xero
- Excellent Microsoft, Excel and Outlook skills
- Self motivated and proactive self-starter, able to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Able to thrive in a fast moving environment and multi task
- Capable of communicating well with all levels of employees and clients/suppliers
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Flexible approach to work and able to embrace and react positively to change
Detailed knowledge and experience of:
- Monthly management accounts
- MTD VAT preparation and submissions
- Preparing cash flow statements
- Month end journals (such as prepayments, accruals, provisions and depreciation)
- Monthly budget reports
- Purchase and sales ledger transactions and processes
- Processing bank transactions and reconcilling bank and credit card statements
BENEFITS In addition to the competitive salary, you will form part of the business's senior management support team, with a real say in how the finances of the business are organised and the opportunity to shape this role to your strengths and to develop processes, systems and reporting templates which will add value to your internal service and the business.
TO APPLY Send your CV along with a brief covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
outlining your interest and suitability, Education/experience, Qualifications:
- At least three years previous experience in a similar role
- Professional bookkeeping or accountancy qualification or part-qualified is highly desirable
- Part-time hours: 20-25 per week. The salary to be pro rata